Founded in Massachusetts in 1863 by John A. Frye, The Frye Company is the original maker of American footwear.
For more than 153 years, Frye craftsmen have been dedicated to the art of shoemaking, creating modern patterns, discovering materials and even inventing machinery. Rooted in authentic American heritage, The Frye Company uses the best leathers, designs and innovations in the pursuit of timeless, artisanal style.
Today, the brand is propelled by its relevance and expansion into new categories, while remaining true to its original promise. Frye products have withstood the test of time and have created brand loyalists across cultural shifts and the passing of generations.
Frye’s mission, to make iconic leather goods that endure, has remained unchanged throughout its storied history.
The Frye Company has an exciting oppotunity for a Buyer - Women's Footwear.
Manages all aspects of the business for the retail store and web by creating smart assortments, influencing product creation, maximizing in season business by style by store, managing product storytelling and ultimately driving the top line sales and profitability.
- Takes full accountability for the brand and ensures that all stores and the web have the right mix and quantity of products available and necessary to meet their business and customer needs.
- Communicates category buying strategies, vision and business results to senior leadership, corporate merchandising partners and retail field teams.
- Works closely with Visual Merchandising and Marketing to ensure execution of in store assortment strategies and storytelling.
- Generates business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability.
- Runs analysis and prepares hindsights on weekly, monthly, quarterly, seasonal basis in order to help identify opportunities in the assortment. Takes leadership role in the creation of exclusive product for retail and web that ties back to merchandising strategies and financials goals for the division.
- Aggressively drives the business by identifying opportunities and developing action plans to maximize best results, challenging business partners and status quo.
- Recommend timely reorders on best sellers. Share insight and opinion based on experience and analysis in order to grow and impact business.